Manage a child’s health directly from your own MyMercy account
If you have a MyMercy account, you can add an account for a child under the age of 18 directly to your account. Once added, you can select his/her account and manage their appointments, records and health reminders exactly as you would your own. This is called a proxy relationship and allows you to act on behalf of the child.
How do I create a proxy relationship for a child in my care?
The following steps will instruct you on how to add a child to your MyMercy account:
- Log in to your MyMercy account.
- MyMercy will automatically display names associated with your account that are identified as dependents under your care. To automatically add a child to your account, select the child’s name from the list displayed on the page.
- If the child’s name is not automatically displayed, you can manually add them by navigating to the Preferences screen (accessed under the Account Info tab) and select Create a Mercy Account for a Child in Your Care
- Simply fill out the required information fields to create a proxy relationship
- You can add multiple children to your MyMercy account with either the automatic or manual method. For each child, you are required to agree to Mercy’s terms and conditions, verifying you are the legal guardian for the child in your care.
What happens when my child turns 18?
When a child turns 18, the proxy relationship you created will no longer be valid. That child will have to create a new account and grant you access, using the Add/Change Account Access function.
Mercy has adopted this policy based on legal requirements and practice guidelines established by leading clinical authorities. No matter what your age, your confidential relationship with your doctor is still important. You will always have privacy any time you visit a Mercy physician in person.
Legal guardians can always receive a copy of their children’s health records by completing a release request at the doctor’s office.
If you have additional questions about MyMercy Family, visit our MyMercy FAQ page or call us directly at 1.888.986.3729.