Mercy Clinic Cardiology Whiteside in Springfield, MO delivers comprehensive heart and cardiac care for virtually any heart disease or condition. Heart care at Mercy Hospital begins with a focus on healthy living strategies and specialized programs, and extends to the most advanced technologies and treatments.
Our cardiologists, vascular surgeons and cardiovascular surgeons work together in teams to identify the best possible treatment for every patient.
- Mercy has one of the nation’s lowest readmission rates for heart attack and heart failure.
- The Springfield region’s first use of hypothermia to treat cardiac arrest patients
- Minimally invasive options for bypass and valve surgery
- Vascular center that identifies risk factors for heart disease
- Electrophysiology program to treat heart rhythm abnormalities
- Heart Failure Clinic staffed by a heart failure specialist
- Our Women’s Heart Center, in Mercy’s Hammons Heart Institute, focuses on helping women prevent heart attacks with heart risk assessments, nutritional and exercise consultations and cooking and “Stress-Less” classes.